Our cute family

Our cute family

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hmm...

So many of you, since I think 3 people read this blog, know that I don't really particularly care for my current occupation. Driving around town, with what seems to be a bunch of crazies, isn't exactly my idea of a good time. And it seems that the bus provides opportunities for the worst of human nature to come right to the surface. Schedules and moving people seems to do that a lot. Well, Thursday night I had an experience that made think that driving bus isn't all that bad really. That not only does it bring out the worst in people (sometimes) there is opportunity for the best to shine on through as well.
Thursday, up here in Logan, was a frigid cold night. I was glad that I got to stay on my heated bus and felt a little sorry for all my passengers who had to walk to and wait at the stops in the near zero temperatures. I was getting ready to leave the transit center and I saw someone running to the bus and figured I had time to wait for her. She was so thankful that I had, she had no gloves and her coat was falling to pieces, if she would have had to wait she would have froze. She sat down and started talking to another passenger and mentioned that she had been out in the cold for over two hours and it felt could to be somewhere warm. I was glad I waited. The best part of this whole story is when I pulled into a stop, and as a woman was about to get off she slipped off her own gloves, set them in her (the original passengers) lap and whispered "Merry Christmas". Tears rolled down the face of the receiver as the giver got off the bus and walked away. It was a little bit hard finishing my run as a watched how the countenance of this woman changed. December is really a good time to be a bus driver.
I am hoping that this holiday season we can all be on the look out for someone we can help in a small and simple way. Opportunities are all over the place we just have to look for them and be brave enough to act on them when the Spirit speaks. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Michelle and Tony said...

That is a beautiful story that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing it. It is amazing what the little things can do. Thanks again Nate, that was great.

radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones