Sorry to everyone, there are no pictures from Christmas because I can't find the battery that goes to our camera and we forgot our Flip video camera. We had a wonderful holiday though, so you'll just have to imagine some snap shots of us smiling, Matt unwrapping his presents and us resting from a joyful overload. "Santa" was good to Matt this year; we were able to get Matt some good stuff since we started shopping earlier in the year, like in October. He got a new table and chairs to play and color on, lots of cars, clothes, and lots of fun toys from his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I got Nate a live scribe pen. I know that a pen sounds like a really lame gift, but this is not just an ordinary pen; it is like a computer in a pen that has a sound recorder as well as recording everything that you write so that you can download it onto the computer. Nate got me a new sewing machine that we have been saving up for since my birthday. So, lots of really good stuff this year.
However, even more important than the stuff we received this year, we got a lot of really good quality time with family. It was great to spend time with my family on Christmas eve, we had a lot of fun together, especially listening to my brother's family share their talents of singing and guitar playing with us. My sister even played the guitar for us, and she's pretty good. My mom shared stories that she wrote with my sister in law that were really touching and we enjoyed listening.
We had a fun Christmas eve party with Nate's Kresser side of the family where Nate ended up with a golf range finder and I got a bird feeder. We enjoyed the time with Nate's family and he and I were also able to spend time over at his brother and sister-in-law's house watching a movie and talking. This is the last year for a while that we will spend Christmas in Utah, so it was great to see everyone and enjoy each others company.
Nate is studying right now for his OAT (the test he has to take to get into Optometry school). It's a pretty hard test, but I think he is going to do great! He has some shadowing this week with some Optometrists here in Logan and after his test he can send in his application. There's a lot to do the next couple of weeks, but I'm confidant that he will get accepted.
Today Nate and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary by taking Matt with us to dinner and shopping. Don't worry, we have a date this weekend where Matt is going to have a baby-sitter and we are going to dinner and a basketball game. It was really fun to have Matt with us today though, because 3 years ago we were sealed to each other and to our posterity and we are so happy to be a family! I love Nate so much; he is a wonderful provider, kind, gentle, funny, and a great husband and father. Sorry if this is so nauseating, but I really am glad that I have him, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend eternity with. I'm also really happy to be a mother, this has brought me more joy than I've ever known. Matthew really is a special boy and I'm so glad to be his mom and hopefully the mom of more precious children in the future.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment