Our cute family

Our cute family

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Homemade Jam!

I recently made homemade jam for my very first time today! Nate and I went on a drive to Richmond, and on the way back we saw a stand where they were selling raspberries. To my surprise, Nate stopped and we bought a ton! Nate is really not a big fan of fruit, and especially not raspberries, so I was really excited. I found a recipe to make the jam, and I had always thought that jam was a really hard and long process, however it is really quite simple and doesn't take much more than 10 minutes.
These are the ingredients: equal parts sugar to fruit- I did 3 cups of raspberries and 3 cups of sugar- and about a quarter of a cup of lemon juice.
Add the ingredients together in a pot and let the mixture boil for 3 minutes: really let it get bubbly, stirring occasionally. Then stir consistently for 6 minutes. I just poured my jam into a plastic container with a lid and put it in the fridge. We let it set up for a little while and put it on bread and it was delicious! I think I am going to get some more fruit on the fruit highway and try some other types of jams, but I will bottle them next time. Try the recipe! It's simple and yummy!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Homemade jams are the best! I would probably do it too, but I think the difficult part for me is just starting. :) Haha. Three cheers for your wonderful home-making skills!

radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones