Our cute family

Our cute family

Friday, September 4, 2009

School starting and new fish!

Last week was the first day of school for Nate and me, and it was the start of what's going to be a busy semester. Nate is going to school on campus and working full time, which is amazing! He is working so hard and doing such a great job. I thought it would be difficult with him doing both, though we seem to be fitting a lot of quality time in as a couple and as a family. I am doing online classes through USU, which is harder than I expected it to be. The hardest thing is to squeeze my studying in the time when Matt takes his naps, which is less than usual. Naps are a struggle for the both of us, it seems like a constant battle because I know Matt is tired, he knows he's tired, he just wants to play. He is such a mover these days; climbing on everything and crawling all over the place! It's nice to see that I have a healthy, active boy, but Mommy needs a little time to herself! We just had a little scare with Matt recently: he caught a stomach bug and it worried us enough to take him into the emergency room. He had a lot of diarrhea and vomiting and we were worried that it was a new food that he tried. All is well now, he got some yummy pedialyte and some medicine for the nausea, and has seemed to have been doing better. Now we just have to deal with a cranky teething baby! He has one tooth now and is working on another that is trying to brake through the surface.
On to the next part of the title of this blog: we got new fish! Now we are a family of 3, plus 3 fish, a frog, a snail and soon to be 3 more fish that we are getting this week! We can finally call ourselves fish-keepers again! They provide a ton of entertainment for Matt, especially since we keep them in his room, more so as a nightlight for him and since he just plain loves them. It is a big distraction, however, and that is part of the reason why he doesn't want to fall asleep...oh, well...I think the fish will be good to have in the house, they are really pretty and really low maintenance which I really like. I will try to post pictures soon of the new additions to our family and if you have any suggestions for names, we are open to them!

1 comment:

Dani said...

That's so fun- new fish. Glad Matthew is fine and that it was only a stomach bug that he can get through. Things are picking up and so busy again for you guys! It'll be good to see you again tomorrow. :)

radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones