Friday, December 26, 2008
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hello to all our family and friends! We just got done celebrating a wonderful holiday with family in Salt Lake. It was good to see everyone and catch up with all the happenings of the family. Amy and I loved spending our first Christmas together as a married couple. We will be celebrating our first aniversary on Sunday, and we may be spending it at my parents (the Steenblik's) because of the fantastic storms that have pounded the Northern Utah area the past few days. Amy and I have throroughly enjoyed our first year of marriage. There have been lots of great memories shared together. One of my favorite memories was in March as we tried to "get away" for Spring Break. We spent the day up in Lava Hot Springs and relaxed in the hot pools, we enjoyed spending the day together. Afterwards our ward's basketball team, of which I was a member, had our first game in the Area tourney... Amy was so gracious and nice to sacrifice part of our mini-vacation to let me play, and we WON! We had reserved a room at Sherwood Hills Resort in Sardine Canyon and spent the night there. They have a wonderful Italian restuarant there and we had even more time to relax in their gorgeous pool. All in all it was a great spending time with Amy in new environments and giving ourselves a chance to "get away". We have been very busy this last year with school and work and most recently preparing for the coming of little Matthew. What a blessing it will be to spend our 2nd year of marriage connecting more with each other, and with someone who so recently has been with our Father in Heaven. We are anxiously awaiting Matthew coming, it should be just 3 more weeks. There is my little update, and Amy if you are reading this... I am so grateful to be your husband I have loved the last year and hope that we will be blessed with many more just like it! You are my choicest blessing and I become ever more thankful for you as the days go by! You will be the best Mommy ever and I am so happy I get to be a part of it. I LOVE YOU MY SWEET PEA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment